UPDATE 1st March – Water Restrictions have been loosened, and are back to level 1 now.
Yep, we knew it was coming given the very little rainfall, and even more justified given the current bushfires in the area, but level 2 water restrictions kick in today.
What does level 2 actually mean?
• No hosing of gardens: you can use only a watering can or bucket to water your garden before 10am and after 4pm.
• You can only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 minutes a day per watering zone before 10am and after 4pm.
• You can only top up an existing pool or spa using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
• You can only wash vehicles with bucket and sponge.
• You need a permit to fill new or renovated pools and spas that hold more than 500 litres.
Full details can be found on the Sydney Water Website.